It's been a while
Published on 24 Mar 2013, 12:56 PM by Dody Gunawinata #
Sorry, I haven’t been updating this blog for a while but we are still actively working on Libre although so far it’s mainly bug fixing and small features.
This is a small list that we have added to Libre so since the last updates:
- Tons of bug fixes.
- Now the mobile detection treat Android tablets at desktop (as it should be)
- Now you can filter the template list by types.
- Now you can delete landing pages
- Fix the bug with alt-s when the editor is in focus.
- Automate much of the Libre brand new installation by making the default site automatically set up.
Published on 17 Jun 2012, 02:58 PM by Dody Gunawinata #
We haven’t done much work on Libre code base for the past two months (my bad but we are pretty busy at other tasks).
However I manage to add a few improvement to Libre.
- Now all the template editing use the excellent CodeMirror library.
- Remove dependencies on SK.Framework.MVC
We are also working to prepare for the release of Libre under LGPL open source license.
Published on 01 Apr 2012, 09:44 AM by Dody Gunawinata #
It is time for another update.
We have been working on Libre codebase almost daily and the followings enhancement are now available in Libre:
- Landing page. Before Home Page is only limited to template. Now a home page is a landing page so it can contains content and sections.
- Versioning. Now all your modification of your template are versioned. Right now we set it to 5 maximum version.
- Standard CSS and Standard JS. Libraries such as JQuery and its various versions can be configured from the settings to be included by default. These standard css and js are combined so you only have to download two files, standard.js and standard.css.
- Ajax save and update are back.
- Now we have bootstrap 2.1 as a theme.
- The quality of sampling for resizing image have been improved.
- Various bug fixes and UI enhancement.
The danger of a mediocre web site
Published on 06 Dec 2011, 01:34 PM by Dody Gunawinata #
Creating a good website is hard because it involves multiple aspect of design and writing that many small businesses simply do not posses the capability to do so themselves.
A site creation is also an iterative process in which you never stop working on your site as there are always room for improvements. All these efforts though should be beneficial in the wrong run because as this blog post from NY Times highlights the problems that a mediocre (or bad) website can cause for your customer or potential customer.
With Libre, we are committed to make maintaining and updating a website (and iterating through it) as easy as possible. We are not there yet but we will get there.
Published on 12 Nov 2011, 08:18 PM by Dody Gunawinata #
We have been working hard in the past three months to make Libre better. We have implemented numerous features, including:
- Add powerful image search engine.
- Catalog images now can be uploaded multiple ways.
- You can add tags to images. The tags support auto completion based on the given list.
- The UI admin menu has been simplified.
- We added the ability to add custom menu. Now you can fully customize the admin top menu UI if you so wish.
- We have over 100 bug fixes and other minor improvements to the system.
- Modules now have their own settings page at the settings location.
- Now you can filter catalog type at the catalog item listing.
- The wide admin UI bug has been fixed.